Saturday, December 30, 2006

NYE Menu

We have friends coming over with their two young children for the evening. I'm feeding the kids mac and cheese, but here's what the grownups are having.

Red Lentil Soup
Turkey and Jalapeno Jack sandwiches with hummous, broiled (ok, the veggie one is having various veggies instead of turkey)
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Nachos and Salsa

Various sodas, beers, sparkling juices, iced tea, and champagne.

It's all simple stuff - the only labor intensive part is the poppers, and they're already prepped and in the fridge.

I need a dessert, though. Something simple. I think lemon bars. I love lemon bars. Besides, they'll end the meal on the same note it began - the soup has lemon for garnish.

3 comments:

karrie said...

Happy New Year Heather! :)

GenieC said...

I should have come to your place. It would have been much more fun and YUMMY things to eat. xoxo.

GenieC said...

I should have come to your place. It would have been much more fun and YUMMY things to eat. xoxo.