Tuesday, February 12, 2008

You Have Fail!

I "failed" my one hour gestational diabetes test.

So I get to waste an entire morning doing the 3 hour one. That means I have to get up at 5:30, drive my husband to work, entertain my overtired 3 year old for 3+ hours in the doctor's office and hope I don't faint or puke before I can get somewhere to eat real food afterward.

Unless I can manage to do this on a Monday or a Friday, then she can go to daycare while I do the test. I'll still have to get up at the arsecrack of dawn, though.

I know my health is important. But the way hubby's schedule works and the way my MW office works does not mesh well. He works 10 days on, 4 off. And the 4 off were LAST week.

His car needs work. Again. After I spent $400 on it, it just sits there in the driveway going nowhere, making it impossible to do anything during the day when he's working.

And all I ever do here anymore is bitch. I need a hobby.

2 comments:

karrie said...

Oh crap. The 3 hour test is such a PITA.

Seriously, in hindsight I think I would almost just offer to follow the diabetic diet than suffer through the 3 hour test. All the syrupy crap on an empty stomach made me sick and jittery and resulted in Max kicking the hell out of me the entire time.

Bring a high protein snack to eat as soon as you're allowed to. I seriously thought I was going to vomit and pass out. I ended up passing but it almost was not worth it.

Heather said...

Yeah, I offered, but because of family history they want the "numbers" from the 3 hour test anyway. I could refuse, but I don't want the whole "uncooperative" label going into a VBAC trial. I scheduled it for next Tuesday.

It is kind of a PITA that I have to get up at 6:30 AM to go abuse my body . I'll sooo need a nap that day.